Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Garden


We didn't plant veggies this year because we knew we'd be gone so much. Actually we ended up not being gone as long, so I might plant some now. But I did do a lot of flowers. Here in the front are my pots with bacopa, petunias, superbells, supertunias, osteospermums, begonias, and nemesia. I love the colors. We have a nursery nearby that is just like nirvanah. In the picture on the bottom you can also see my asiatic lilies (yellow, from Costco about 3 years ago) and my green hydrangeas which will turn white later in the summer. My peonies finally bloomed this year, after 3 years of waiting, but unfortunately the blossoms were so heavy that they just flopped over. Next year I plan to use them for cut flowers because they're so pretty and they smell wonderful. The picture on the top shows our back yard. We put in all of those flowers in one morning, Memorial Day (so the yard would look nice for our barbecue). I just ran through the nursery grabbing plants left and right, but we had exactly the right amount and I think they turned out very nicely. Now I have quite a bit of weeding to do but it's been so hot that I've been avoiding it. Also we have very bad mosquitoes this year. But I do love to garden!

No comments: