Thursday, July 3, 2008

Potty Training

This is it, we're throwing away the pull-ups. After changing diapers for over 11 years I've finally had enough. Those of you who know Noah know that potty-training him is no easy proposition. I've wondered if he even can feel if he needs to go. He's exhibited some signs of readiness (he's dry all night, for instance) but in other ways he seems completely unprepared. He almost never says he needs to go, and he's never done #2 on the pot. There's a woman in Chicago who does consulting, she teaches 5 hour "booty camps" for $250. We spoke with her, but she's booked up until August 16th and I don't think we can wait that long. Plus one of the "testimonials" was less than encouraging (13 days in the kitchen and still not completely trained). So we decided to try it on our own, I'm just planning on staying in the basement until we're done. Noah is now in underpants, and we have 4 potty training DVDs (guaranteed to cause nausea within minutes to anyone over 9). I may be doing a lot of blogging this week, because I don't think I'll be going anywhere. Wish me luck! I may need to be hospitalized after this . . .

No comments: