Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me (and to Scott)

Believe it or not, it's been fifteen years since we tied the knot. My gift to Scott was very unromantic, but much needed, I started cleaning the garage out (I would have liked to have finished but it's about a 3 day job, at least!) I found that more and more stinky shoes were collecting on our small shelf in the back hall, so I bought a large shelf and put it in the garage and now most of the shoes are there. I also de-cobwebbed about 1/4 of the walls and ceilings and completely swept/cleaned the area closest to the door. And I put away a bunch of stuff from the FINDS group. Now I just have to clean the tool shelves, gardening supplies, sports equipment, and the rest of the walls and floor. Thankfully it's cooled off quite a bit here so at least it's not as sweaty a job as it could be.

Scott's much more romantic gift to me was a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a gift card for Borders (I can't wait to go buy some books!) We're planning on going out to dinner as soon as we get a free night! With scouts and young women and piano and guitar and work for both of us, we're pretty packed.

One more thing, you may have heard of a lot of flooding in Chicagoland, but we escaped any problems, thanks to our new sump pump and back-up sump pump. (It only takes one good basement flood to make you buy a back-up!) This has been the wettest September in about 200 years, but this week things are supposed to dry out a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You are a wonderful couple and I am glad you are part of my family!

Virginia Brown said...

All of the folks at the Old Rock House also congratulate you on your anniversary. You are a wonderful couple and wonderful parents. Bless you.