Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Standard of Truth

This morning I was a little down, thinking about all of the awful things that are happening in the world. I heard about the tv show "Big Love" belittling the temple ceremony and it just made me sick. Then I read the response of the church:
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma
And I also thought of the "Standard of Truth," which we memorized on my mission, and it made me feel a lot better. Here it is:

The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.

So as scary as things get, we just need to hold on tight to the iron rod, live worthily of the Holy Ghost, and pray always. We'll be ok!

No comments: