Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference

I just finished watching the last session of conference. What a blessing to be able to meet with members of the church all over the world every 6 months and listen to the prophet and apostles and other leaders of the church. And what a blessing to do it at home, using the internet. I finished crocheting my 4th leper bandage and started on number 5 (that's over 16 feet!). I also filed a bunch of papers. I do this every time I listen to conference, and it's great because I feel like I'm getting my life in order in more ways than one!

Scott has been in Idaho, meeting with a friend about work. The kids and I missed him, but he'll be home tonight (and I have a surprise for him - - I cleaned his closet!) I enjoyed the time with Ethan and Noah - - Ethan is learning to crochet and made some good progress. And Noah amazingly cleaned up his toyroom all by himself! (Well, he put most of the stuff on the couches, but still!) We had artichokes for lunch as a special treat, and we have fresh strawberries for dessert tonight.

Thursday I had a big meeting here for our DS group. I'm going to start doing the newsletter again, thank goodness, because I enjoy that much more than being president (and I'm better at it). We divided up the responsibilities in a way that will help people not feel so overwhelmed, and we have a great guy in charge of community outreach, an area that needs work.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, it was a great conference. I love to keep busy while I watch, too... I stay awake a little better...
I am half way through the Maeve Binchy you gave me.