Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holding Our Breath

Things on the adoption front are looking good! We had our second call with "A" yesterday and it went well. We told her that we'd like to use her middle name, "Leigh," for our baby's middle name (doesn't Meredith Leigh Garner sound wonderful?). She was very touched by that. She expressed again that she feels that she is doing the right thing, and she told her case worker that she feels very comfortable with us. At first her mother wasn't too excited about the adoption, but she was in the car when A spoke with us yesterday and afterwards told her that she thinks she is doing the right thing as well. So everything is on track for now. She is due August 4th, and we've already started looking into accommodations in AZ for that time. I've told a lot of people and of course everyone has been incredibly supportive and excited for us.

For the last couple of years I've avoided the baby section in stores for the most part. Now I can finally look and shop (well, I'm holding off on buying most things for now, but it is sure fun to plan!) I did order some bedding for the nursery and I've started going through all my old baby clothes (an enormous task!!) Some of them are gender neutral and I'll keep them. The boy stuff will go to my sister Heidi, who is due in September. And some of the stuff is too grungy to keep. There are also a couple of little outfits I have to hold onto because they were such a part of the boys (Ethan's "tough tanks" sweatshirt, for instance). It was really quite enjoyable looking at the little clothes and remembering when my big boys were that tiny.

So I'm keeping plenty busy getting ready for this new arrival, along with all the other stuff that I keep busy with (yard work, house work, laundry, homework, getting the car's emissions checked, planning for summer camps, my church callings, blah blah blah I could go on all day, and I usually do :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know I LOOOOOVE the name, and we are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so very excited for you Ali... this is so cool...

though, you could always name her after me LOL

Tami Allred said...

wow, this is amazing. I feel your giddyness (is that a word?) in preparing for this precious soul. How fun and fabulous for your fam.

Gretchen said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I love the name-beautiful! Keep us posted!