Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I hope you all had a happy day. We had amazing weather, in the seventies. The kids were actually able to trick-or-treat without heavy coats! This morning I packed up Noah's pirate costume (including his batman cape, which is part of the costume) so he could take it to school. I had a red and white striped shirt for him to wear, would've looked great. But he wanted to wear a button down, tie, and his sport coat (which is way too big). Why argue? When I went to his little class party he was wearing his pirate vest and cape over the sport coat. Quite the look! His class is so cute, I enjoyed seeing the kids in their costumes and chatting with the parents (there are only 6 kids in the class, so it's nice and small).

I spent most of the day in the car, ran errands, had lunch with friends (fun!), shopped, went to Noah's school, went home and picked up Ethan, went to the other side of Crystal Lake to pick up Ethan's buddy Adam (who spent the night), and raced back home to get Noah off the bus (didn't make it, I had to call my neighbor Bob and ask him to watch Noah while I fought traffic.) Thank goodness for good neighbors!

Scott came home early and we all took turns handing out candy. I love the little kids the best, I'm not so crazy about the scary teenagers roaming in packs, demanding candy. I'd tell them to just go buy some, but I'm afraid I'd get egged! Actually they were all very polite and looked like they were having a lot of fun. And we have an 8:00 curfew, so we weren't up late answering the door. We had at least 150 people come. Noah did a little trick-or-treating, he doesn't care for candy so he wasn't too motivated. Adam and Ethan stayed out a little longer. Then they stayed up late playing the wii, and slept in sleeping bags in the basement. Scott is taking them golfing this morning.

So nice family day! I hope everyone else had a lot of fun!

No comments: