Thursday, December 11, 2008

Random Stuff

I had to pass along a great website my friend Julie told me about - - stealsdeals.blogspot.com. I love it, every day they post great deals/coupons, etc.

Also - - the scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaner (it's a gel you stick on the inside of your toilet bowl) is cheap, easy, and very effective. A pack costs a little over $4, contains 6 applications, and each application lasts 2 weeks or more (mine lasted 3). It smells nice, too.

Lastly, I'm recommending 2 books. The first is "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery. It's translated from French, about a concierge at an expensive apartment building in Paris and a little girl who lives in the building. I checked it out from the library based solely on the unusual title, and ended up really enjoying it. I also recently read "Ghost Map" by Steven Johnson, about the cholera epidemic in London in the 1850s. Extremely interesting and very well written (the author is a genius, I'm sure.) It also made me so very, very grateful for indoor plumbing.

Hope you all are enjoying the pre-holiday rush!

No comments: